Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year


First off, happy new year to all. Here's hoping that your 2009 is healthy and full of fun.

It should go without saying that my new year's resolution would be to get healthier this year, but I'm not coming out to say it. As previous posts can attest to, I've been here before.

2009 got off to a good start for both Sarah and myself. Even though we stayed up to watch the ball drop, after catching a movie earlier in the evening, we were up early Jan 1 to run in a New Years Day 5K downtown.

The sun was out, and even though it started a little cold, by the time we finished, it had warmed up (warm for Jan 1). I guess one of my resolutions will be to work on my endurance. I lost my stride twice during the race and had to slow to walk. Still I finished with an official time of 26:20, not a bad time.

This past week, I was good about getting all the scheduled runs in for the week, averaging 4-5 miles for 4 days this week. For the upcoming week, I have a new benchmark to reach - 9 miles on Saturday. I have scheduled runs of 5 miles on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, then the big one for the week.

Next Saturday will have a second adventure as I go shopping for new running shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to a happy, healthy new year. You're doing a great job with your running!! Love you xo