Saturday, January 24, 2009

11 miles

The best proof I have of this morning's activities.
This is a shot of my watch after my run down at the 3rd Creek Greenway. The 11 laps represent 11 miles. Another new personal best in distance and time (last mile run was 9 min 53 sec and an overall time of 1 hour and 50 minutes).
Though a little cold and wet at the start, the course started on the greenway and went down for 3 miles and returned, then a second lap of down 2.5 miles and a return.
Honestly, for the first 6 miles I was doing good. Even with a little congestion hanging around, I made decent time. It was the "second" lap that was difficult (I guess something about being back near your car ready to finish and having 5 miles ahead of you).
The second lap, while more difficult, was good as well. I am able to run most of the second lap. Next stop, in two weeks is 12 miles!

No comments: