Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hamster Time!

When I first started running, I used a treadmill quite a bit. I guess the idea of a controlled environment appealed to me. I remember the first time I ran 3.1 miles without stopping, how pleased I was with myself.
Last year, I started running outdoors and didn't go back to running on a treadmill, until a a couple of weeks ago. With the bad weather and short daylight, the treadmill was the only option to get the miles in for the day... But something had happened along the way.
I've found that I can't run that well on a treadmill anymore. I don't know what it is, if its the boredom, if its the set pace... but it's so much harder to do any major distances.
I finally got a good solid hour and finished over 6 miles. I'll be so glad when warmer weather arrives.

No comments: