Friday, April 24, 2009

1 Day to Go!!

So here it is.

Less than 14 hours to go, we are in Nashville, checked into our hotel and got our bibs for the race. Sarah and I spent the afternoon at the Nashville health and fitness expo. Currently we are resting before our inspirational pasta dinner with Team in Training.

This last week has been so surreal. I would say the last event I looked forward to and planned so much for was when Sarah moved down to Tennessee and the our wedding. It's kind of hard to believe that this time tomorrow, it will be over.

I'm not sure how much, if any, sleep I'm going to get tonight. Our schedule is that we are meeting in the hotel lobby at 5:00AM to catch a 5:15 shuttle to the starting line. The race starts at 7:00 (CST). I'm probably going to start in coral 17 where my fellow TNTer Trisha is running. (We've been keeping each other pace on our long runs for the past couple of months.) I probably won't actually start till around 7:35 - 7:40AM. My goal is 4 hours and 30 minutes. (Since I've had some ask... to qualify for Boston, I'd need to finish before 3 hours and 15 minutes. But, if I do finish before that time, I'll run in Boston.)

My bib number is #9183 so you can keep tabs on me tomorrow by visiting the marathon's website.

No comments: