Monday, February 22, 2010

The Dream

Last night I had my first marathon dream, or I should say a dream about a marathon.
I was running the Knoxville half-marathon (which I'm planning on running on March 28). For whatever reason that things happen the way they do in dreams, I showed up, what I thought was, late for the race. I starting running and got about 5 miles into the race before I realized that the race hadn't started. I was running through downtown (which isn't even the course of the race) when I passed a clock that was counting down to the start of the race.
Since I knew the chip I was wearing wouldn't register my time, I had to decide whether or not to race back to the start line (5 miles away) or just continue on and know my time wouldn't count.
In the end, I was heading back to the start line when I woke up.

No comments: